Welcome to Neufer's Mad Thoughts

Thank you for calling, er, I mean, thank you for reading the mad thoughts of me. If you are wondering just what the mad means, be it, ANGRY mad or CRAZY mad, well, that will probably just depend on my mood and what I'm rambling on about. Most of what you will read will be unedited, straight from my head to my keyboard and to your eyes so should I offend, upset or anger you, by all means, yell at me through the screen, leave me angry comments and feel better for doing so. I promise never to respond as I have found it's just not worth my time to respond to angry people I have never met. :) Have a nice day!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here we gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

What a day so far!  I got up early to get cleaned up since I have a mock interview in about 20 minutes and got out my good clothes, even bought a new pair of black pants for such occasions.  Put on my brand new purple top that I ordered over Christmas that my Mommy paid for (THANKS MOM!) as my present along with some other great clothes.  Went to stop at KMart for some knee high nylons, looked down and noticed that one of the buttons had fallen off my shirt!  *sigh*  "REALLY?!?!?!"

So I ended up buying a sweater, actually two sweaters, earrings and nylons for around $30.  I NEVER spend this type of money on myself, I can think of several other things that are more important, but I make myself feel better by knowing I got both sweaters on sale for about 1/2 off, so that's a plus! RIGHT?

So I am getting ready for this mock interview and I always have one problem with a question that seems ever so popular now.  "Tell me any bad qualities or negative aspects about yourself."

How are you supposed to answer that?  I mean honestly, I grew up in the time where you really pushed the positive, down played the negative or sugar coated and now you want me to tell you about my bad qualities?

Okay, here's one, I'm fat.  Yep, you heard me, I'm a big old fat mamma!  Do I plan on staying this way?  No, but it may affect my job if you require me to do a lot of physical work from the very beginning.  If we are just talking about a desk job, it shouldn't be a problem but if there's is a lot of physicality, then we have an issue.

Here's another one, I personally think this is a positive trait, but considering it has put some people off in recent jobs, it must just be me that thinks that way and that is I can be demanding in what I expect from my co-workers and anyone I am supervising.  Not in a negative way, mind you, but I have high standards when it comes to work and I expect others to have or follow those same standards at times.  I am always positive with co-workers and find positive ways to motivate them but because I can be so expectant of others, it has come across as a bit agressive at times.  OOOOOOOooooo, I like that one!

I have to say one thing here about my parents.  Bless their hearts and my mom may just say she's being honest when she doesn't consider herself a success, I still disagree.  She and my father taught me good values, how to respect others, how to work hard, how to always give your best each and every day that you work, no matter if you are the guy sweeping the floors or the person at the top of the management chain, walk away from work each and every day and know you have earned your money and you gave your job you best effort and attention.  So thanks Mom and Dad for the lessons and work ethics and values.

So, I'm going to go now, comb my hair, take a whiz and get ready for this interview thingy.  Wish me luck! :)

(Not the best pic, but you get the idea. :))

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, you look great and good luck!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave any and all comments that you wish, just keep it clean, no cussing or obscene language as those will be either deleted or edited for content. Thank you and have a nice day!