Welcome to Neufer's Mad Thoughts

Thank you for calling, er, I mean, thank you for reading the mad thoughts of me. If you are wondering just what the mad means, be it, ANGRY mad or CRAZY mad, well, that will probably just depend on my mood and what I'm rambling on about. Most of what you will read will be unedited, straight from my head to my keyboard and to your eyes so should I offend, upset or anger you, by all means, yell at me through the screen, leave me angry comments and feel better for doing so. I promise never to respond as I have found it's just not worth my time to respond to angry people I have never met. :) Have a nice day!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Here's a clue, it's free today only

When you are talking to me or anyone else on the phone for that matter, and for some reason the phone disconnects, be it your fault accidently or theirs, when you reconnect with that person, the first thing you should do is APOLOGIZE for any accidental disconnection, especially if you are a business and I am a customer and I CALL YOU back to let you know that I think you hung up on me.  The first words out of your mouth should be something to the effect of, "I'm so sorry about that, not sure why it disconnected but I certainly did not mean to accidently hang up on you." 

It should not be, "I didn't hang up on you."

"Well, yes you did, my phone went dead and it wasn't my phone that disconnected."

"I DID NOT HANG UP ON YOU."

Oh, now you did it, I was already fustrated that you called me to tell me my insurance wouldn't pay for my eye exam and I couldn't find my card to have you verify it and then even if it was an accident, the hang up occured on your end and then you're going to argue with me?  ARE YOU INSANE?

Empire Vision in Big Flats just lost a loyal customer (been going there for several years) due to one person's inability to handle a simple customer service problem.  A simple apology at the very beginning of my conversation would have stopped me in my tracks, I would have kept my son's appointment and would have brought my daughter in to you next month when she needed a new pair of glasses.  But now, because you were rude, condesending and uppity with me, I don't care if my daughter's Godfather works there, you lost me as a customer and my children.  There is more than one vision center in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave any and all comments that you wish, just keep it clean, no cussing or obscene language as those will be either deleted or edited for content. Thank you and have a nice day!