Welcome to Neufer's Mad Thoughts

Thank you for calling, er, I mean, thank you for reading the mad thoughts of me. If you are wondering just what the mad means, be it, ANGRY mad or CRAZY mad, well, that will probably just depend on my mood and what I'm rambling on about. Most of what you will read will be unedited, straight from my head to my keyboard and to your eyes so should I offend, upset or anger you, by all means, yell at me through the screen, leave me angry comments and feel better for doing so. I promise never to respond as I have found it's just not worth my time to respond to angry people I have never met. :) Have a nice day!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much we have grown




Literally!  This is me in the first or second grade, I'm not really sure, I'm thinking first.  And if I remember correctly, because this is one of those memories that stands out, my mother had given me and my sister perms the day before school pictures and then set our hair in rollers to sleep in over night, I hated sleeping in rollers, just no comfortable position could ever be found unless they were the foam rollers, which these were not.

I remember her getting us up early to fix our hair and I remember it looking very nice by the time we went to school and she had put a good can of hair spray on each of our heads so we would look so pretty for our pictures.

I remember by the time I got home my hair was straight and the perm was gone and she wasn't overly happy about it and I think she might have come to the realization that there was just no way you were ever going to get my hair to behave at that age, probably why we always got the pixie cuts when we were kids, easy to fix, nothing to muss up and no fighting about how to fix it.

And now my hair is back to that, does NOT want to behave stage, probably would help if I went and got it cut but I'm to lazy, cheap, and/or bored and just don't want to move right now.

Something I would like to touch upon today is...................................wow, right now I can't think of a thing.  See, told you I was lazy.  Think I shall take a shower, get dressed, go forth, find wine and come home and just relax today.  It is my day to chill.

Oh, I did get a lovely invitation in the mail to a free dinner and presentation for a wonderful opportunity to buy this fantastic software that COULD make me so much money on the internet with it's wonderful marketing techniques.  I kind of want to go, just to get out and have a free meal (the place it's being held has really good food, at least the last time I was there it did) and I can't find any hidden charges, just that they want you to buy the software, and I have two tickets and was thinking about who I could take with me.  And it dawned on me today, this is the perfect opportunity to teach Melissa about scams and empty promises and that there are no get rick quick promises or easy ways to get what you want.  So I think I shall make the reservations for me and her and it will give me a chance to teach her a very important lesson in life, give us some quality time and get a free meal!

So, that really is it for now unless something fantastic pops in my head and I just have the overwhelming urge to share!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave any and all comments that you wish, just keep it clean, no cussing or obscene language as those will be either deleted or edited for content. Thank you and have a nice day!