Welcome to Neufer's Mad Thoughts

Thank you for calling, er, I mean, thank you for reading the mad thoughts of me. If you are wondering just what the mad means, be it, ANGRY mad or CRAZY mad, well, that will probably just depend on my mood and what I'm rambling on about. Most of what you will read will be unedited, straight from my head to my keyboard and to your eyes so should I offend, upset or anger you, by all means, yell at me through the screen, leave me angry comments and feel better for doing so. I promise never to respond as I have found it's just not worth my time to respond to angry people I have never met. :) Have a nice day!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I better get with the program

Dang, almost midnight here and I haven't posted yet today!  Falling down on the job again!

Tonight I want to talk about The Bad Girls Club on The Oxygen Network.  Now, this is one of those shows where you are watching the girls in the house and think either, "Dang, that was me 25 years ago." or "Are you kidding me?  Why on earth would anyone act like that?"  Which one am I?  To be honest?  The first one, LOL!  I was NEVER as bad as they are, I wasn't really into all the drama but I did like to party and have fun, that is for sure.

Anyway, Ellie also likes to watch the show and I debated back and forth if I should let her, I mean some of the stuff is pretty raunchy at times, but I decided to let her watch it as long as she would talk to me about what she saw and the behaviors she saw and her feelings about it.

It's worked out really well for the most part, one of the things that I have been working with both girls with is not so much what you say but how you say something.  When you say something quietly, without anger it has a completely different meaning then when you are shouting it in someone's face.  Tonight was a great example of that.   After watching the episode (we DVR'd it) we had a very interesting and enlightening talk about how to react when someone says something to you that really upsets you.

Ellie could completely understand why Flo got as upset as she did, while I was more on Amber's side and agreed with how she handled it.  We discussed how it could have been handled in a more civilized manner (Amber pushed Flo into the pool and she landed wrong and broke her ankle, so Flo attacked Amber and threw her across the patio, literally threw her.)  Now, we also both know that it could have only happened that way since it is the Bad Girls Club and the more drama, the better, but it really gave me a platform to work from to help show Ellie the merits of keeping your cool, compared to losing it and yelling in someone's face, no matter how upset they make you.  And how you need to pick and chose your battles and decide if what the other person is doing is really upsetting enough to make you implode and jump all over them, either physically or vocally.

So thank you to the Bad Girls for showing my Ellie the WRONG way to handle a situation and giving me the chance to talk about what you could/should/would have done should you find yourself in the same situation.

And today was another, just keep your mouth shut and get through the day, day at school today.  I swear I know more about a few of these women than I ever wanted to know and I'm struggling, literally, with how to proceed because the thought of dealing with them for another 2 months just makes me want to tear my hair out.  There are a few nice women in the class but as they say, all it takes is one bad apple to ruin it for the whole bunch and that bad apple today actually got another quiet one talking, AUGH!!!  So now we have 4 talkers in the class!  Guess it's time to talk to my case worker again so she can make a comment to the supervisor who can remind the teacher to remind the class that there are other people in the class who are there to work, study and should they want or require more information from the other students, they can contact each other outside the classroom.

Now, I'm not a mean person or a party pooper, but I'm really tired of these women constantly talking about food, their sex lives, their boyfriends (or how rich they are), their medical history, or any other personal information that should only be shared with your priest or doctor.  Talk about school, the work, if you have a question, but if it's of a personal nature, talk after class, please?????

Well, that's it for tonight my pretties, have a great night.  Tomorrow I write about how unfair it is that both my girls are getting a week off next week, totally wrong! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave any and all comments that you wish, just keep it clean, no cussing or obscene language as those will be either deleted or edited for content. Thank you and have a nice day!